Friday, June 28, 2013

World War Z

   World War Z, based on the book of the same name by author Max Brooks. I did not read this book, however I did read his book titled The Zombie Survival Guide. This was a very interesting book for anyone who likes anything to do with Zombies, Sci-fi, or horror. Anyway, this is about the movie, not another book of his. Over all, this movie was alright, I wasn't expecting too much from it. The massive zombie hordes featured in the trailers for this movie looked way too animated, and at some points it was really unbelievable, like when they all pile up on each other to climb a big wall. These zombies were not the undead zombies that we're accustomed too as of late from media such as The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, etc. These zombies are really twitchy and still technically living creatures, just infected with a virus that resembles rabies or mad cow disease. If any of you have seen 28 Days Later, you know the kind of zombies we're talking about.

   From what I've heard, this film is very loosely based on the book (like most film adaptations), so major plot holes may not be the fault of the author. As far as the acting, this was not Brad Pitt's best performance, certainly not his weakest. He was the only character in the film that I actually cared about when watching the film. I honestly think he could have lost his family in the first 10 minutes of the film and the film would be just as good or better, because then he would have found more motivation to find the cure for the zombie-virus outbreak. Although this certainly isn't my favorite zombie apocalypse movie, I still enjoyed it, and would probably see it again if someone really wanted me to. 

Film Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment